Resolve industrial alarms faster with WIN-911 Mobile – a slick new mobile app
For over three decades, remote alarm notification software has been essential to preventing unexpected downtime in industrial operations, from wastewater treatment to food production to energy generation. But with a smartphone in every pocket, the game has changed. Remote monitoring of critical plant systems has been extended beyond email, texts, and phone calls to include mobile apps that feature time-saving tools like real-time alarm acknowledgements, team chats to troubleshoot and resolve plant problems, and detailed reporting for preventing future incidents. Not only does this mean fewer emergency shutdowns, but also fewer resources spent on overtime and maintenance. Here is how WIN-911 Mobile, an app built for iOS and Android, is helping pioneer this business transformation.
What is a mobile alarm notification app?
A mobile alarm notification app is software that seamlessly integrates with the SCADA or HMI software of an industrial operation, such as a wastewater treatment plant. It allows an employee to monitor, receive, and acknowledge plant and machine alarms on their smartphone or tablet, freeing them up to work from home or any other remote location.
How does WIN-911 Mobile help with industrial alarm monitoring?
The pressure to do more with less is a driving force behind the automation of industrial plants. WIN-911 Mobile is purpose-built to help organizations achieve this goal. At the Falmouth MA wastewater treatment plant, for example, operators are able to continuously monitor the plant’s tank, pressure, and pump levels while working from home, resulting in an estimated labour cost savings of $0.5M annually.
WIN-911 Mobile’s features include:
- Push notifications enable operators to quickly see what is wrong, send an acknowledgment, and monitor alarm condition changes in real-time, right from their smartphones.
- Chat helps teams converse, brainstorm, and share solutions on-the-fly, from wherever they are — whether in the plant, at home, or on the road.
- Team Visibility shows operators who have seen an alarm as well as who has acknowledged it, reducing guesswork and redundant responses.
- Direct connects (plug-ins) with all leading SCADAs/HMIs including GE, Rockwell, Aveva, Wonderware, allowing plants to get up and running fast.
- Encrypted outbound HTTPS and Microsoft Azure-based login authentication, ensuring secure two-way communications.
- Supported by thousands of IT professionals, system integrators, and distributors worldwide.
“There has never been a better time to leverage the capabilities of WIN-911-Mobile. From instant notification, to real time plant data values, to collaborating with your colleagues remotely.”
—Steven Rivas, WIN-911 Product Manager
The best app in its class
WIN-911 Mobile is the world’s most widely deployed industrial alarm notification app, helping wastewater treatment, energy generation, and food manufacturing facilities everywhere do more with less.